Royalty Tours USA

Friday, September 3, 2010

Mount Rainier National Park

Me at Mount Rainier National Park
Friday morning I got out early so I could spend a few hours driving around and making pit stops at Mount Rainier National Park on my half birthday.

I wound up entering through the Nisqually entrance which is the southwestern corner of the park.

I drove around and I stopped at different points along the way. I went to Kautz Creek Trail. I passed by Cougar Rock. I got as far as the Henry M. Jackson Memorial Visitor Center in Paradise where the elevation was 5,400 feet before I decided I needed to head towards a different entrance to leave the park.

I wound up driving to the southeast corner entrance which is known the Stevens Canyon.

I passed by and stopped to check out Reflections Lakes and I got to drive through the Stevens Canyon too.

It was a very relaxing drive through the park. I was able to appreciate and take in all the beauty that nature has to offer.

If you like the great outdoors, I strongly suggest you make your way out to the West.

When it comes to scenery in this country the West has the very best.

As much as I like the East Coast, when I need a change of scenery I love to head out West to take in the amazing man made sites.

Mount Rainier is just one of the many our country has to offer.

After I left Mount Rainier National Park, I went to Portland, Oregon to see a minor league baseball game.

Stay tuned as my Northwest getaway continues.

Thank you for reading and following my whereabouts.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: