Royalty Tours USA

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Royalty w/o 9/13 in review

This past week was a busy one. It's was all work and play. There was no time to catch up on rest.

Monday night after work I went to see the Jets play the Ravens in the first Monday Night Football game at the New Meadowlands Stadium. You can see all the details here.

Tuesday night I went to Citi Field to see the Pirates play the Mets. R.A. Dickey who's been the Mets best pitcher throughout this season, delivered a complete game gem. He lost the shutout in the ninth inning after he gave up a lead off triple. The Mets wound up winning the game, 9-1!

Wednesday night I was back at Citi Field again and we had some special guests from Scranton, PA. Our friends Alvin Pachter and his father, Howard, made their first visit to Citi Field this season. Earlier this year we saw them in their backyard when we went to see the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees play. It's always a pleasure to see these special people. As for the game we saw, the Mets fell behind 5-0 then they came back by scoring 7 runs in the fourth inning to take a 7-5 lead. They added another run which proved to be the difference as they hung on for a 8-7 victory.

Thursday night was a nightmare getting to and from Citi Field. I left work like I normally do but it started raining at that time. I waited for it to let up and I walked to the subway to go to Citi Field. My path to the game was impeded by a fast moving tornado that left property damaged in the form of downed trees and it caused delays on the 7 train which goes to Citi Field. I wound up waiting a half hour before they informed us that the 7 train wasn't running in either direction then I met the King and we decided to take an alternate route to the game. We wound up catching up with Alvin Pachter who went home and came back this time with his friend Phillip Cutler. They were driving acrross the Triboro bridge which allowed us to meet them in Astoria. We hitched a ride to Citi Field. What a mess it was thanks to mother nature. We finally arrived at Citi Field in the fourth inning an hour after the game started.

As for the game, the Mets behind Mike Pelfrey who's been pitching well delivered 7 more strong innings as the Mets went on to sweep the Pirates, 6-2!

After the game I endured another nightmare going home. Luckily for me my car was in one piece when I got back to it after the game. The block I parked on had trees knocked down from the tornado that ripped through the area. It took me a little over 2 hours to get home. Mind you I only drove 10 miles. It was beyond belief how much damage was done in a short period of time.

Friday I went to work and headed back to Citi Field to see the Mets try to spoil the playoff hopes of  their division rival, the Atlanta Braves. The Mets took an early 3-0 lead but starting pitcher Jonathon Niese gave up 6 unearned runs thanks to an error by David Wright but Niese can take alot of the blame since he walked opposing pitcher Tommy Hanson not once but twice in this game. That's a cardinal sin. By doing so, he cost his team the game. The Mets lost, 6-4.

Interesting notes in this game were as follows:

Braves manager Bobby Cox who's retiring at the end of the season was ejected from the dugout for questioning balls and strikes. It was the 158th time he has gotten the boot which padded his own record.

For the Mets, leftfielder Lucas Duda hit his first major league home run.

Saturday I went back to Citi Field for more punishment as the Mets fell again to the Braves, 4-2! Tim Hudson who started for the Braves outpitched Mets rookie Dillon Gee.

Sunday I went to see the Jets take on their divsion rival, the New England Patriots at the New Meadowlands Stadium. The Jets after a slow start turned it around to pick their first win of the season as they beat the Patriots, 28-14!

When I get a chance I'm going to write a detailed post about the game. In addition, I'll do a post regarding the transportation in particular after the game.

Please stay tuned for those.

Thank you for reading and following along. 

Yours truly,

Gary Herman                   

No comments: