Royalty Tours USA

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Joey Kraft joins me again at Safeco Field for the weekend finale!

Me & Joey Kraft


















Sunday morning, I checked out of Super 8 in Wilsonville, Oregon and I drove back up I-205 to I-5 North to Seattle to go back to Safeco Field to see the Mariners play the Indians at 1:10PM.

I called my buddy Joey Kraft a few times to give him a progress report.

He told me he scored some free tickets for us.

He decided to exchange the four tickets he got so we could upgrade ourselves to some great lower level seats behind home plate.

We wound up 21 rows up from the field.

A similar view at Yankee Stadium would have cost a fortune not the case in Seattle though.

It worked out beautifully especially since Mariners' ace Felix Hernandez was pitching.

I saw him pitch twice against the Yankees this year at Yankee Stadium. He shut them out both times. One was a complete game and the other was 8 shutout innings of domination.

With that being said, I had high hopes that Felix would pitch well again.

Unlike most good pitchers I see pitch, Felix lived up to the hype again.

This time he shutout the Indians for 8 innings allowing just 4 hits and striking out 9.

The Mariners cruised to a 3-0 victory.

During the game, a young man in front of us got a foul ball that caromed over from the next section. I just missed it.

After the game, Joey went down to the tunnel where the umpires go to the clubhouse and he saw home plate umpire Jerry Layne and he wound up getting the game ball which he decided to give to me.

That was a very nice gesture on his part.

In addition, during the game we met a few guys from the Anaheim, California area. They were Kevin Gallagher Senior & Junior.

This father & son combo said they go to a new ballpark every year. This year happened to be Safeco Field.

They made a great choice.

Kevin Senior told me he has season tickets for the Angels just 5 rows from the on deck circle.

When I mentioned I was from NYC he said his wife is from Brooklyn. It's a small world he said.

He told me he's originally from Chicago on the South Side.

He grew up a big White Sox fan.

We enjoyed each other's company during the game.

Afterwards, we exchanged contact information.

Hopefully our paths we'll cross again in the future.

As for Joey & I, we went to the waterfront area again near Puget Sound to have a farewell dinner at Cutter's Bayhouse.

After that, Joey went home and I headed back to the airport to make it home temporarily.

I returned the car to Alamo and I proceeded to catch my US Airways flight to Philadelphia then to NY LaGuardia airport.

I drove 731 miles over the 4 days.

My time in the Great Northwest was well spent.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: