Royalty Tours USA

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Royalty w/o 7/5 in review

This past week I basically stayed home, my summer home that is.

I went to 6 games at Citi Field this past week.

They played 3 games Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday against the surprising Cincinnati Reds. The Mets wound up losing 2 out of 3.

Johan Santana pitched a complete game 3 hit shutout to get their lone victory.

Thursday night I decided it was better to say home and rest up instead of running to Brooklyn to see the Cyclones.

I'm sorry Sean for disappointing you.

Speaking of disappointment, I put the radio on so I could hear what LeBron James was going to do.

I stayed close to home this week.

I was hoping LeBron would do the same but apparently the statement "there's no place like home" doesn't make LeBron happy.

He told a national audience in a spectacle that he's running away to South Beach.

Rightfully so his jersey was seen burning by his fans in Cleveland.

In retrospect, LeBron betrayed his hometown and his faithful fans.

It's not about the money he said. It's about winning a championship. Well he should have stayed home and brought the championship home then.

After all, he's considered the greatest basketball player of modern time.

In my eyes, he's no Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant.

Friday night I was back at Citi Field to see the division rival Atlanta Braves.

My Cousin Andy joined me to celebrate his birthday.

Despite the Mets losing again, he had a great time together.

We went to Donovan's Pub in Woodside after the game as well.

I told him how good their pork chops are.

They only serve them on Friday nights as a special.

Needless to say, we were satisfied customers.

Please free feel to see my previous post about Donovan's.

It will tell you all you need to know.

Saturday the Mets lost again to the Braves.

Afterwards it was back to Donovan's for a post game dinner.

 Today the Mets thanks to Johan Santana were able to salvage a game from the Braves. Santana threw 7 more shutout innings picking up the victory in the 3-0 win. Ike Davis supplied the power with a home run just to the left of the Apple in centerfield as you can see in the picture.

 Thanks for following along.

 Stay tuned for the schedule for the week ahead.

Yours truly,

Prince Charming

1 comment:

Sean said...

Gary,

I'm crushed that you missed Brooklyn or Staten Island. Crushed, I tell you. But then again, it would be tough to miss the event of the century with LeBron telling us all his plans.

Safe trip to the Midwest. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday!

Sean