Royalty Tours USA

Monday, July 26, 2010

Royalty w/o 7/19 in review

Upon returning to the Big Apple late Sunday night it was back to work Monday morning.

After work I went home to recharge the batteries for the week ahead.

Tuesday night I went to Yankee Stadium to watch the Angels play the Yankees.

Sean O'Sullivan started this game for the Angels.

He pitched well for 6 innings which earned him a quality start, which is considered a starting pitcher's dream these days. He wound up giving up just 2 hits and 2 runs in this outing. He left the game with a 6-2 lead. The Angels added to their lead and their bullpen kept the Yankees at bay as they went on to win the game, 10-2.

Wednesday I was able to get another night of rest since the Yankees played in the afternoon and I was working.

I still needed to catch up on lost sleep so it came in handy.

Thursday night I went back to the Bronx to see the KC Royals open a four game series with the Yankees.

With their ace, CC Sabathia pitching the Yankees were able to roll to victory despite the fact that CC didn't pitch a great game. He still was able to improve his record to 13-3.

There were some highlights of note in this one.

In the third inning, Derek Jeter led off by hitting a ball to the wall in right centerfield that appeared to have been caught by Royals centerfielder David DeJesus who was born in Brooklyn and he played college ball at Rutgers, but when he crashed into the wall the ball fell out of his glove and Jeter circled the bases for an inside the park home run.

You can see Jeter after he rounded the bases on the scoreboard in the picture above.

The last time Jeter hit an inside the park home run was ironically against the Royals but he did it in Kansas City on August 2, 1996.

In the seventh inning, A-Rod hit a solo home run which was the 599th of his career.

Friday night I went back to see game two of this four game set.

Just like when you see a game you never know what you're going to get.

The same can be said for the people you sit around especially these days because there's usually a different crowd at each game.

Fortunately for me I was blessed on this particular night.

I'm going to write a separate post regarding these special people.

As for the game, it wound up being a long night thanks to mother nature.

We had an hour and 25 minute rain delay during the game.

The Yankees were able to cruise to an easy victory again, 7-1.

Milestone of note, Jorge Posada picked up his 1,000th rbi of his career.

On the other hand, A-Rod was unable to hit his 600th home run.

Saturday I had to deal with the brutal heat not for one game but for two.

In the afternoon, I returned to the Bronx to see game three between the Royals and the Yankees.

This time the Royals built an early lead and they were able to hang on to beat the Yankees, 7-4.

Mark Teixeira hit 2 home runs but he grounded to shortstop on a very close play representing the tying run to end the game.

A-Rod was left waiting on deck.

He failed to homer so the wait continued for at least another day.

The King & I bolted out of the Stadium so we could take the 4 train downtown to get the Staten Island Ferry for our second game of the day.

The King found a bunch of rain checks from a game he got rained out of a few weeks ago so we were able to not only get a ticket for free but we also we're able to take advantage of their all you can eat ticket deal as well.

We saw the Staten Island Yankees hold on to beat the Brooklyn Cyclones, 3-2.

As for the all you can eat deal, they let you have hamburgers, hot dogs & chicken.

In addition, you can have a small bags of Herr's popcorn.

To wash it all down, you can choose from a variety of pepsi products.

I had a countless number of 12 ounce bottles of water to help offset the extreme weather.

It turned out to be an absolute blast.

I plan to do a profile on the Staten Island ballpark when I get a chance for a guy named Paul Swaney, who is a co-founder of the website, Stadium Journey.

Here's the link:

His site is designed to give people tips on sports travel.

He values my expertise so I'm more than happy to help the cause.

His website is also on my blog roll.

I strongly suggest that you add it to your favorites.

Sunday I was back in the Bronx to see the Yankees play the Royals as well to see if A-Rod could hit number 600.

Well thanks to mother nature I unfortunately was forced to depart early before the game resumed in the sixth inning after a 2 and a half hour rain delay.

I had a family dinner to attend at my sister's house out on Long Island.

It turned out to be a wise move on my part.

The Yankees were up 5-3 when I left and they went on to win the game, 12-6.

Ironically Sean O'Sullivan who we saw pitch Tuesday night with Angels was traded on Thursday to the Royals.

With that being said, the King & I had the unique opportunity of seeing him pitch back to back starts with two different teams.

Unfortunately for him, the results were different.

This time the Yankees were able to hit him hard.

In my absence, A-Rod wound up batting twice.

He singled and he got hit by a pitch in his last at bat.

So his chase for 600 continues on the road.

Thank you for reading.

Stay tuned for that separate post I'm going to write.

You never know when it could be you.

Yours truly,

Prince Charming

No comments: