Royalty Tours USA

Monday, July 19, 2010

Royalty w/o 7/12 in review

This past week was extremely busy and eventful.

Monday I took the Staten Island Ferry from Lower Manhattan after work to go see the Staten Island Yankees play.

The game wound up going 15 innings.

I decided to stay until the bottom of the 12th inning with the game tied at 2.  I wanted to get home to get some much needed sleep. I hate to leave a game early but in this case it turned out to a smart & wise decision on my part.

The game didn't end for another hour and I needed to catch the boat back to Lower Manhattan. The Staten Island Yankees eventually lost to the Batavia Muckdogs, 6-5!

I didn't get home until 12:40AM. I can only imagine if I stayed for the whole game what time I would have gotten home.

Tuesday when I was at work I was  informed that George Steinbrenner passed away.

As a businessman myself, I greatly appreciated him. He was what our country is all about, that being capitalism. During his life he made a fortune by being a big time risk taker. He didn't win them all but he certainly wasn't afraid to fail.

Ironically George always wanted to be the center of attention. Even on the day he died he was in the spotlight. It was the day of the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Anaheim and George wound up stealing the thunder and he was front and center on his very last day he was with us. How's that for timing.

Tuesday night I came home after work to rest up if you will and I watched the All-Star Game on TV. The National League won for the first time since 1996, 3-1!

With the victory, the team who that represents the National League will have the home field advantage in the upcoming World Series which starts at the end of October.

Wednesday after work I took a long subway ride to Coney Island to the Brooklyn Cyclones play. Thanks to my mother nature it was another long night for me.

The game was delayed in the third inning for an hour due to rain.

The Cyclones came up victorious with a 7-4 win over the Mahoning Valley Scappers.

After the game I took a long torturous train ride back to my car which was parked on the street near Citi Field. It turned out to be another rough night for me.

I couldn't wait until Thursday morning rolled around so I could turn my luck around.

Please check back for all the details from Thursday on.

It was quite an extended weekend to say the least.

The Royalty experience showed its true colors, purple and gold.

Thank you for checking in.

Yours truly,

Prince Charming

No comments: